Monday, October 09, 2006

A gospel that came in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit...

Was reading 1 Thessalonians 1 this morning, before having my first lecture in my Augustine and his Age module. It was simply an intro lecture to Augustine's upbringing, but we touched on his conversion. I figured it was pretty amazing that God chose Augustine - he was loved by God - (v4) and I'm sure if Paul had been living next door to him, he would have written about the evidence of faith, love, and hope (v3) in his life that was evidence of the gospel's life-changing power (v5).

What a great gospel! It has changed my life, and it changed Augustine's! I'm excited about learning more about Augustine and his writings, but more than that - praise God for a sinner saved, for grace at work!

No comments: